Auricular Acupuncture has been used successfully for many years in the treatment of addiction; it is a therapeutic treatment that aids the detoxification process and improves general well-being.
The Acupuncture Treatment Service is offered to clients following a brief consultation with one of HURT’s trained therapists. The actual treatment involves inserting five very small acupuncture needles into each of the client’s ears. The client then relaxes in the Treatment Room area for approximately 40 minutes.
The many benefits that clients report are:
- Greatly reduces cravings.
- Alleviates withdrawal symptoms.
- Greatly reduces stress.
- Decreases anxiety.
- Lessens feelings of hostility.
- Lessens feelings of denial.
- Improves their attention in counselling sessions.
- Increases their desire to access and participate in long-term programmes.